Varatika bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of digestive problems. This medicine is prepared from cowries. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF VARATIKA BHASMA
- This medicine is popularly used in the management of diseases of the digestive system.
- It is effective in improving digestive power.
- This medicine is specially administrated in the disease called grahani (malabsorption).
- It is used as natural aphrodisiac medicine.
INDICATIONS OF VARATIKA BHASMA
- Digestive problems
- Abdominal colic
- Eye diseases
- Ear diseases
INGREDIENTS OF VARATIKA BHASMA
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||ACTION|
|1||VARATIKA||Cowries||Balances vata, pitta ,kapha dosha|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
The varatika are enclosed in sarava samputa (closed mud plates) and subjected to heating in special equipment known as puta.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta, kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha dhatu –indigestion
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting
abhyanthara roga marga – diseases of the digestive system
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 125 mg to 250 mg after food twice daily along with trikatu churna, shankha bhasma or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of different diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – cleans the respiratory passage, calms mind (mental stress aggravates digestive problems)
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, lukewarm water, gruel
- Avoid smoking, carbonated drinks, alcohol
- Avoid consumption of heavy diet at bedtime.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Taken by children, lactating women and during pregnancy only after consulting an ayurveda doctor.
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Hingu ashtaka churna
- Hingu vachadi churna
- Panchakola churna
- Shree Dhootapapeshwar
- Orient ayurvedic pharmacy
- Chemical standardisation studies on varatika bhasma
- Evaluation of varatika bhasma for its ulcer protective effect on albino rats.
- Pharmaceutico-analytical study of varatika bhasma with special reference to its types according to rasatarangini
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.
Please write to email@example.com or Whatsapp ++91 8075810816. ++91 8714818871