Thekaraja thailam is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of respiratory diseases and headache. This medicine is in the form of herbal oil for external and internal application.
BENEFITS OF THEKARAJA THAILAM
- This medicine is used in the management of respiratory diseases and headache.
- As per Ayurvedic classics, it balances vata and kapha.
INDICATIONS OF THEKARAJA THAILAM
- Breathing difficulty
INGREDIENTS OF THEKARAJA THAILAM
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||LATIN/ ENGLISH|
|2||BHRINGARAJA (KAYYONNI)||Eclipta alba|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Oil prepared with the juice of bhringaraja, the paste of haritaki, and coconut oil.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha, mamsa,asthi,majja dhatu – headache
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting
Abhyanthara and madhyama roga marga – respiratory diseases and headache
DOSAGE AND USAGE
- External application on the head, chest as oil massage or oral administration or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
- Nadi shuddi pranayama – cleans the respiratory passage
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. Patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
Kapalabhati – Practitioners of kapalabhati believe that this breath will help clear mucus in the air passages, relieve congestion, reduce bloating, and improve lung capacity.
· Ujjayi Pranayama – Ujjayi encourages the full expansion of the lungs, and, by focusing your attention on your breath, it can assist in calming the mind.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce vata dosha imbalance like cold and dry food, hard to digest. Because vata imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, lukewarm water
- Avoid exposure to the cold environment.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine is used for internal and external application.
- Improper usage may lead to side effects.
- Can this oil be used while taking Allopathic treatments for asthma?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are using this oil along with Allopathic treatments.
- How long this oil can be used?
Duration of oil application is based on your stage of the disease. Before using medicine consult a physician.
- Can this medicine use for sinusitis?
Yes, this oil is effective in headache, especially sinusitis.
- Nirgundyadi Thailam
- Asanavilwadi Thailam
- Kottakkal Arya vaidya sala
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.
Please write to email@example.com or Whatsapp ++91 8075810816. ++91 8714818871