Nisoseeradi thailam is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of diabetic carbuncles and wounds. This medicine is in the form of herbal oil for external application.
BENEFITS OF NISOSEERADI THAILAM
- This medicine is particularly used in the management of chronic wounds associated with diabetes.
INDICATIONS OF NISOSEERADI THAILAM
- Prameha pidaka – diabetic carbuncles
- Vrana – chronic wounds
- Vidradhi – abscess
INGREDIENTS OF NISOSEERADI THAILAM
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN|
|1||ELA||Elettaria cardamomum||Balances vata and kapha|
|2||STHULA ELA||Amomum subulatum||Balances vata and kapha|
|3||TURUSHKA||Hydnocarpus laurifolia||Effective in skin diseases|
|5||JALA||Plectranthus vettiveroides||Balances pitta|
|8||CHORAKA||Angelica glauca||Balances kapha vata|
|10||TAGARA||Valeriana wallichi||The beneficiary effect on the central nervous system|
|12||JATIPHALA||Myristica fragrans||balances vata dosha, action on the nervous system|
|13||RASA||Commiphora myrrha||Antimicrobial activity|
|20||DEVADHOOPA||Shorea robusta||Antimicrobial action|
|22||PUNNAGA||Calophyllum inophyllum||Balances kapha and pitta|
|24||AGURU||Aquillaria agallocha||Balances vata and kapha|
|25||JATAMAMSI||Nardostachys jatamansi||The beneficiary effect on the central nervous system|
|26||KUSHTA||Saussurea lappa||Balances vata and kapha|
|27||BALA||Sidacordifolia||Balances vata dosha|
|28||HARIDRA||curcuma longa||Antibacterial action|
|29||DEVADARU||Cedus deodara||Reduces pain|
|30||USHIRA||Vetiveria zizanioides||Antipyretic action|
|31||TILA TAILA||Sesame oil|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Oil prepared with the above-mentioned drugs, and Sesame oil.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta, and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha dhatu –respiratory diseases, skin diseases
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting all roga marga
- Bahya roga marga – skin diseases, wounds
- Madhyama roga marga – diabetes
DOSAGE AND USAGE
- External application on the affected area or whole body as oil massage or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
- Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
Avoid heavy exercises which further aggravate degenerated conditions.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more salty, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items.
- Avoid smoking, junk foods and alcohol.
- Patient with diabetes avoids more sugar-containing diet.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine is used for external application only.
- Improper usage may lead to side effects.
- Can this oil be used while taking Allopathic treatments for diabetes?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are using this oil along with Allopathic treatments.
- How long this oil can be used?
Duration of oil application is based on your stage of the disease. Before using medicine consult a physician.
- Can this medicine used for traumatic wounds?
Yes, this oil is effective in the healing of traumatic wounds.
- Guggulu tiktakam tailam
- Eladi tailam
- Kottakkal Aryavaidya sala
The Food and Drug Administration, United States has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.