LAVANBHASKAR CHURNA is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders. This powder contains herbal ingredients and salts. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF LAVANBHASKAR CHURNA
- This medicine is mainly used in the management of diseases of the digestive system.
- It is more effective in indigestion related complaints like abdominal colic, abdominal fullness.
- This medicine also effective in respiratory diseases.
INDICATIONS OF LAVANBHASKAR CHURNA
- Abdominal colic
- Breathing difficulty
- Intestinal worms
INGREDIENTS OF LAVANBHASKAR CHURNA
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||ACTION|
|1||SAUVARCHALA LAVANA||Sochal salt||Carminative, balances vata|
|2||SAINDHAVA LAVANA||Rock salt||Carminative, balances vata, pitta, kapha|
|3||VIDA LAVANA||Black salt||Balances kapha and vata|
|4||SAMUDRA LAVANA||Common salt||Carminative, balances vata|
|6||MARICHA||Black pepper||Piper nigrum||Carminative|
|7||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||carminative|
|8||AMLAVETASA||Garcinia pedunculata||Balances vata|
|9||DHANYAKA||coriander||Coriandrum sativum||Balances tridosha|
|10||JEERAKA(AJAJI)||Cumin seed||Cuminum cyminum||carminative|
|11||TWAK||cinnamon||Cinnamomum zeylanicum||Balances vata and pitta|
|12||ELA||cardamom||Elattaria cardamomum||Balances kapha and vata|
|13||KRISHNA JEERAKA||Black cumin||Nigella sativa||Reduces fever,vomiting|
|14||PATHRA||Cinnamomum tamala||Balances kapha and vata|
|15||TALEESA||Abbies webbiana||Balances kapha vata|
|16||DADIMA||Punica granatum||Effective in digestive problems|
|18||PIPPALI MULA||Long pepper||Piper longum||carminative|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Above mentioned drugs are taken in prescribed quantity and finely powdered.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta, and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – indigestion
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting Abhyanthara roga marga – indigestion, intestinal worms
DOSAGE AND USAGE
3gm after food twice daily along with lukewarm water or buttermilk or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of different diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – cleans the respiratory passage, calms mind (mental stress aggravates digestive problems)
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, lukewarm water, gruel
- Avoid smoking, carbonated drinks, alcohol
- Avoid consumption of heavy diet at bedtime.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Taken by children, lactating women and during pregnancy only after consulting an ayurveda doctor.
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Bhaskara lavanam -Bhaishajya ratnavali [ Agnimandhya chikilsa]
- Sharangadhara samhita
- Hingu ashtaka churna
- Hingu vachadi churna
- Panchakola churna
- Gangadhara churna
- Agnikumar ras
- Divya pharmacy
- Development of quality control parameters of Bhaskar Lavan Churna: A traditional ayurvedic formulation
- Ayurvedic management of PCOS by lavanabhaskara churna and other medicines
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.