Kumar kalyan ras is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of diseases of children. This tablet contains more mineral ingredients along with fewer herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF KUMAR KALYAN RAS
- This medicine is used in the treatment of fever in children.
- Its antipyretic action is effective in both acute and chronic fever.
- It is also effective in allergic sneezing, rhinitis, cough and breathing difficulty.
- Usually, non-infectious and viral fever responds with its use.
INDICATIONS OF KUMAR KALYAN RAS
- Jwara – Acute and chronic fever
- Kasa – cough
- Swasa – breathing difficulty
- Kamala – jaundice
- Atisara – diarrhoea
- Running nose
- Allergic rhinitis
INGREDIENTS OF KUMAR KALYAN RAS
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH/ LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||PARADA||Purified Mercury||1 part||Fast relief from symptoms|
|2||GANDHAKA||Purified sulphur||1 part||rejuvenator|
|3||MUKTA BHASMA||Processed pearl||1 part||Balances pitta|
|4||SWARNA BHASMA||bhasma of Gold||1 part||promotes strength and vitality|
|5||ABHRAKA BHASMA||processed Biotite mica||1 part||balances vata, pitta dosha|
|6||SWARNA MAKSHIKAM||Bhasma of Copper pyrite||1 part||rejuvenator|
|7||LOHA BHASMA||bhasma of Iron||1 part||tonic and rejuvenator|
|8||KUMARI||Aloe vera||Quantity sufficient|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Purified mercury processed with purified gandhaka (sulphur) to prepare parada bhasma (rasasindura). This rasasindura grounded with rest of the drugs and juice of kumari (Aloe vera) tablets are made.
- Detoxification of mercury– Ground with the juice of Aloe vera, Triphala (Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellerica, Emblica officinalis), the root of chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) each for 7 days.
- Detoxification of Gandhaka – fried in ghee and dipped in cow’s milk repeated for 7 times.
- Purification of Abhraka – Heating and quenching in the decoction of Triphala or cow’s milk for 7 times.
- Purification of swarna, loha – Heated and immersed in sesame oil, buttermilk, cow’s urine, gruel and decoction of kulatha (Dolichos biflorus) in that order for seven days in each liquid.
- Muktha bhasma – purified with cow’s milk and then incinerated
- Purification of swarna makshika – boiling in the decoction of triphala (Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellerica, Emblica officinalis).
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata ,pitta, kapha predominant diseases.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – fever, indigestion
- Roga marga – Useful in diseases affecting abhyanthara roga marga like diseases affecting the digestive system and respiratory system.
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 6.25 mg after food once or twice daily along with milk or sugar or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – mild form of yoga practice for children provide overall health, Effective in respiratory diseases, cleans the respiratory passage
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, Lukewarm water, gruel
- Avoid exposure to the cold environment.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- Taken by children only after consulting an ayurveda doctor
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Rasa chandamsu
- Gopi chandanadi gulika
- Vettumaran gulika
- Surya prabha gulika
- Shree dhootapapeshwar
- Evidence-based safety and efficacy of Ayurvedic herbo-metallic preparations containing gold, iron, and mercury with special reference to paediatrics
- Clinical study on immunity of children with kumar kalyan ras and other herbomineral formulations.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.