Kayathirumeni tailam is a classical sidha medicine used in the management of traumatic injuries, musculoskeletal diseases etc. This medicine is in the form of herbal oil for external application.
BENEFITS OF KAYATHIRUMENI TAILAM
- This medicine is specially used in the management of traumatic injuries as oil massage.
- This medicine promotes strength to bones and joints, therefore it can be given in musculoskeletal disorders
- Its analgesic action effective in muscle spasm, joint pain, backache.
- Its anti-inflammatory action effective in inflammatory joint diseases and bursitis
INDICATIONS OF KAYATHIRUMENI TAILAM
- Swelling of joints
- Muscle spasm
- Traumatic swelling
- Low backache
INGREDIENTS OF KAYATHIRUMENI TAILAM
|SL NO||CLASSICAL NAME||ENGLISH LATIN /||ACTION|
|1||KUPPAIMENI||Acalypha indica||Effective in traumatic injuries|
|2||MANJAL KARISALAI||Wedelia calendulacea||Anti-inflammatory action|
|5||KOVAI||Coccinia cordifolia||Effective in swelling|
|6||THURISHU||Copper sulphate||Relieves pain|
|7||PAL THUTHAM||Zinc carbonate||Effective in diabetes|
|8||GUDUCHI||Tinospora cordifolia||Balances vata and pitta dosha|
|9||DEVADARU||Cedus deodara||Reduces pain|
|11||APAMARGA||Achyranthes aspera||balances vata and kapha|
|14||KUSHTA||Saussurea lappa||Effective in inflammation|
|15||DEVADARU||Cedus deodara||Reduces pain|
|16||CHANDANA||Santalum album||Balances pitta dosha, coolant effect on the body|
|17||VISHATINDUKA||Strychnos nux vomica||Highly effective in neuromuscular problems|
|18||KARUN SEERAKAM||Nigella sativa||carminative|
|21||JATIPATRI||Myristica fragrans||Effective on the nervous system|
|23||JATIPHALA||Myristica fragrans||Effective on the nervous system|
|24||USHIRA||Vetiveria zizanioides||Antipyretic action|
|25||KARPURA||Cinnamomum camphora||Effective on inflammation|
|26||TILATAILAM||Sesame oil||Balances vata|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Oil prepared with the above-mentioned drugs and Sesame oil. Karpoora added at last as patrapaka.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha, mamsa,asthi,majja dhatu – joint diseases, traumatic swelling
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting
madhyama roga marga – arthritis
DOSAGE AND USAGE
- External application on the affected area as oil massage or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
- Nadi shuddi pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
- Avoid heavy exercises which further aggravate degenerated and traumatic conditions.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce vata dosha imbalance like cold and dry food, hard to digest. Because vata imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, cow’s milk
- Oil massage on body advised. Which alleviates vata dosha
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine is used for external application only.
- Improper usage may lead to side effects.
- Can this oil be used while taking Allopathic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are using this oil along with Allopathic treatments.
- How long this oil can be used?
Duration of oil application on the joints is based on your stage of the disease. Before using medicine consult a physician.
- Can this medicine used for degenerative arthritis?
Yes, this oil is effective in degenerative joint diseases like osteoarthritis.
- Sidha medicine – hospital pharmacopeia
- kottamchukkadi tailam
- karpooradi tailam
- SKM Sidha and ayurveda company India Ltd.
1. Qualitative assessment of kayathirumeni – a siddha medicated oil as a remedy for arthritic pain
2. Physio-Anatomical Explanation of Abhyanga: An Ayurvedic Massage Technique for Healthy Life
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.