Kanchanar guggulu is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment for benign and malignant tumours, skin diseases and wounds. This tablet contains herbal ingredients only. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF KANCHANAR GUGGULU
- This medicine is mainly used in the management of benign and malignant tumours.
- It also enhances the digestive power.
- It is also effective in the management of thyroid disorders.
INDICATIONS OF KANCHANAR GUGGULU
- Gandamala – cervical lymphadenitis
- different kinds of glandular enlargements
- Arbuda – malignant lesions
- Kushta – skin diseases
- Vrana – wounds
- Bhagandhara – fistula
INGREDIENTS OF KANCHANAR GUGGULU
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||ACTION|
|2||MARICHA||Black pepper||Piper nigrum||Carminative|
|3||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||carminative|
|4||HARITHAKI||Chebulic myrobalan||Terminalia chebula||rejuvenator|
|5||VIBHITHAKI||Belliric myrobalan||Terminalia bellerica||rejuvenator|
|6||AMALAKI||Indian gooseberry||Emblica officinalis||rejuvenator|
|7||TWAK||Cinnamomum zeylanicum||Beneficiary effect in respiratory diseases|
|8||ELA||cardamom||Elettaria cardamomum||Balances vata and kapha|
|9||PATRA||Cinnamomum tamala||Effective in cough|
|10||KANCHANARA||Bauhinia variegata||Effective in disorders of the thyroid gland|
|11||VARUNA||Crataeva nurvala||Balances medo dhatu and kapha dosha|
|12||GUGGULU||Indian bedelium||Commiphora mukul||analgesic|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Purified guggulu heated in an iron vessel till it attains semisolid consistency. Then the powder of the above-mentioned drugs added to it and mixed well. Then tablets are made by using a sufficient quantity of ghee.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of all vata, kapha dosha predominant diseases.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting raktha, mamsa, medo dhatu – glandular enlargements
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting bahya roga marga –piles, tumours, cervical lymphadenopathy
DOSAGE AND USAGE
500 mg to 1 gm once or twice daily after food or as directed by a physician.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more salt, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items.
- Avoid smoking, soft drinks and alcohol.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects.
- Taken by children, lactating women and during pregnancy only after consulting an ayurveda doctor.
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Sharangadhara samhita
- Rasagandhi mezhuku
- Nithyanand ras
- Divya pharmacy
- Shree dhootapapeshwar
- A clinical evaluation of Kanchanara Guggulu and Bala Taila Matra Basti in the management of Mutraghata with special reference to benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Ayurvedic management of uterine fibroids using kanchanar guggulu and other medicines.
3. Scientific evaluation of antioxidant and anti cancer activity of kanchanara guggulu vati by invitro methods.
4. Role of kanchanara guggulu and gokshuradi guggulufor the symptomatic treatment in sleepada (chronic filariasis).
5. Cytotoxic and antiproliferative activity of kanchnar guggulu, an Ayurvedic formulation
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to email@example.com
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.