Gandhaka rasayan is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of broad spectrum of diseases including skin diseases, respiratory disorders, digestive disorders and urinary tract disorders. This tablet or powder contains mineral ingredient along with herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by physician.
BENEFITS OF GANDHAKA RASAYAN
- This medicine used in the management of chronic diseases like diabetes, chronic skin diseases, general debility, chronic wounds.
- It is also effective in digestive problems like diarrhoea and sprue
- As per Ayurvedic classics this medicine balances vata, pitta and kapha dosha.
- It is used in chronic fever also.
- This medicine is also used as a natural rejuvenator and prevents greying of hair.
INDICATIONS OF GANDHAKA RASAYAN
- Kushta – skin diseases
- Prameha – diabetes
- Atisara – chronic diarrhoea
- Sira sula – head ache
- Sarvasula – body ache
- Kasa – cough
- Vrana – chronic wound
- Grahani – sprue
- Jeerna jwara – chronic fever
INGREDIENTS OF GANDHAKA RASAYAN
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||ACTION|
|1||GANDHAKA||Purified sulphur||Beneficiary effect on skin diseases, respiratory diseases.|
|3||TWAK||cinnamon||Cinnamomum zeylanicum||Balances vata and pitta|
|4||ELA||cardamom||Elattaria cardamomum||Balances kapha and vata|
|5||PATRA||Cinnamomum tamala||Balances kapha and vata|
|6||NAGAKESARA||Mesua ferrea||Action on digestive system|
|7||GUDUCHI||Giloy||Tinospora cordifolia||Beneficiary effect in diabetes|
|8||HARITAKI||Chebulic myrobalan||Terminalia chebula||rejuvenator|
|9||VIBHITAKI||Belliric myrobalan||Terminalia bellerica||rejuvenator|
|10||AMALAKI||Indian gooseberry||Emblica officinalis||rejuvenator|
|12||BHRINGARAJA||Eclipta alba||Action on hair|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Detoxification of Gandhaka – fried in ghee and dipped in cow’s milk repeated for 7 times.
Purified gandhaka ground with cow’s milk at first then ground with each of the decoction triphala , chaturjata( Twak, ela ,patra, nagakesara) and juice of guduchi, bringaraja and ardraka for 8 times.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta, and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, raktha dhatu –respiratory diseases, skin diseases
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting all roga marga
- Bahya roga marga – skin diseases, wounds
- Abhyanthara roga marga – respiratory diseases, diarrhoea
- Madhyama roga marga –joint pain , muscle pain, head ache
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take1gm after food twice daily along with sugar or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practiced in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
Patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. Patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more salty, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRA INDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction by the physician.
- Improper administration and over dosage leads to side effects
- Taken by children, lactating women and during pregnancy only after consulting an ayurveda doctor
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of disease. Before taking medicine consult a physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Bhaishajya ratnavali – Rasayana adhyaya
- Lakshmi vilas ras
- Amalaki rasayana
- Pharmaceutico-analytical study of gandhaka rasayana
2. Screening of antibacterial and antifungal activity of Gandhaka rasayana an ayurvedic formulation
3. clinical study of management of vicharchika by gandhaka rasayan
4. Critical review of Gandhak Rasayan with special reference to Tvachavikar ( skin diseases)
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to email@example.com
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.