Dhatri lauha is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of indigestion and associated complications. This tablet contains fewer mineral ingredients along with herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF DHATRI LAUH
- This medicine is used in the treatment of diseases of the digestive system.
- It is effective in abdominal colic and constipation.
- This medicine is used as a natural rejuvenator.
- This medicine is also good for the eyes.
INDICATIONS OF DHATRI LAUH
- Vishtambham – constipation
- Sula – Abdominal colic
- Eye disorders
- Palitha – greying of hair
INGREDIENTS OF DHATRI LAUH
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||DHATRI||Indian goose berry||Emblica officinalis||384 gm||Rejuvenator Good for eyes|
|2||LOHA||Bhasma of iron||192 gm||Tonic and provide immunity|
|3||YASHTIMADHU||Licorice||Glycyrrhiza glabra||96 gm||Rejuvenator Beneficial effect on eyes|
|4||AMRITA||Giloy||Tinospora cordifolia||Quantity sufficient|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
192 gm loha bhasma , 384 gm of dhatri , 96 gm of yashtimadhu are ground together to get a homogenous mixture. Finally, this mixture grounded with the juice of amrita and tablets is made.
- Purification of loha – Heated and immersed in sesame oil, buttermilk, cow’s urine, gruel and decoction of kulatha (Dolichos biflorus) in that order for seven days in each liquid.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata ,pitta predominant diseases.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa, rakta dhatu – indigestion, anaemia
- Roga marga – Useful in diseases affecting abhyanthara roga marga like diseases affecting the digestive system.
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 1 to 2 tablets after food once or twice daily along with honey or ghee or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, Lukewarm water, gruel
- Avoid consumption of heavy diet at bedtime.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- It is better to avoid by children, lactating women and during pregnancy
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Bhaishajya ratnavali – sula chikilsa
- Hingu ashtaka churnam
- Hingu vachadi churnam
- Agni kumar ras
- Dabur India
- Unjha Pharmacy
- Viswa chaithanya
- Pharmaceutical study of Lauha Bhasma
2. Toxicity study of Lauha Bhasma (calcined iron) in albino rats
3. Clinical Safety And Efficacy of Dhatri lauha –a classical Ayurvedic formulation in the management of iron deficiency Anaemia
4. Evaluation of CNS effects of Dhatri Lauha: An Ayurvedic Preparation
- importance of rasayana drugs in dhatri lauha w.s.r. to garbhini pandu (iron deficiency anaemia in pregnancy)
6. Dhatrilauha : Right choice for iron deficiency anaemia in pregnancy
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.