Chousashta pippali is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of fever, digestive disorders and respiratory disorders. It is prepared from pippali. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician. It is also known as chausath prahari pipal ras.
BENEFITS OF CHOUSASHTA PIPPALI
- This medicine used in the treatment of different kinds of fever
- It is also effective in fever associated with digestive problems.
- Its antipyretic action is effective in both acute and chronic fever.
- This medicine is effective in respiratory diseases like cough and breathing difficulty
- It also used as a galactagogue.
INDICATIONS OF CHOUSASHTA PIPPALI
- Jwara – fever
- Kasa – cough
- Swasa – breathing difficulty
- Rajayakshma – tuberculosis
- Ajeerna, vahnimandyam – indigestion
INGREDIENTS OF CHOUSASHTA PIPPALI
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||PIPPALI||Long pepper||Piper longum||1 part||carminative|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Powder of Pippali grounded with the decoction of pippali for 64 prahara (approx. 192 hrs).
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of kapha predominant diseases.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – fever, indigestion
- Roga marga – Useful in diseases affecting abhyanthara roga marga like diseases affecting the respiratory system and digestive system.
DOSAGE AND USAGE
125 mg (1 gunja) after food once or twice daily along with honey or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of different diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – Effective in respiratory diseases, cleans the respiratory passage, calms the mind
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, lukewarm water, gruel
- Avoid exposure to the cold environment.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- Improper administration and overdosage lead to side effects like gastric irritations.
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
- Ashtanga sara sangraha
- Hinguleswara rasa
- Vettumaran gulika for fever
- Surya prabha gulika
- Tribhuvan keerthi ras
- Sitopaladi churna
- Taleesapatradi churna for respiratory symptoms
- ShreeDhootapapeshwar Ltd
- Anti-inflammatory activity of two varieties of Pippali (Piper longum Linn.)
- Liquid media’s in Bhavana Samskara: A pharmaceutico-therapeutic prospect
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Free Online Consultation
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.