Grief is one of the emotions that affect people’s mood after losing something important to that person. The feeling of sadness and hopelessness are the major symptoms. In complicated grief, the painful emotions are persistent and long-lasting.
- SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
- CAUSES OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
- DIAGNOSIS OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
- TREATMENTS FOR COMPLICATED GRIEF
- PROGNOSIS OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
- COMPLICATIONS OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
- COMPLICATED GRIEF AND AYURVEDA
- NIDANA- AYURVEDIC CAUSES OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
- PURVAROOPAM- AYURVEDIC PREMONITORY SYMPTOMS OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
- SAMPRAPTI – AYURVEDIC PATHOGENESIS OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
- LAKSHANA- AYURVEDIC SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
- AYURVEDIC PROGNOSIS OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
- CHIKITSA- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR COMPLICATED GRIEF
- AYURVEDIC SAMANA TREATMENT FOR COMPLICATED GRIEF
- AYURVEDIC LOCAL TREATMENT FOR COMPLICATED GRIEF
- COMMONLY USED AYURVEDIC MEDICINES FOR COMPLICATED GRIEF
- HOME REMEDIES FOR COMPLICATED GRIEF
- DIET AND BEHAVIOUR FOR COMPLICATED GRIEF
- YOGA FOR COMPLICATED GRIEF
- RESEARCH PAPERS ON COMPLICATED GRIEF
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
- Intense sadness
- Lack of trust in others
- Inability to enjoy life
- Isolation from family and friends
- Five Stages of general grief:
- Denial and Isolation
CAUSES OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
- Sadful events in life
- Loss of a job
- Death of a loved one
PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
Complicated grief-related stress can lead to high blood pressure, tachycardia, and increased levels of cortisol. It constricts blood vessels. These changes can increase the risk of myocardial infarction. Increased levels of stress lead to a catecholamine surge, which increases platelet aggregation.
DIAGNOSIS OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
- Proper History taking
- Laboratory tests to find out underlying pathology like hormonal imbalance
TREATMENTS FOR COMPLICATED GRIEF
- Cognitive-behavioural therapy
PROGNOSIS OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
- Symptoms of complicated grief are manageable with psychotherapy
COMPLICATIONS OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
- Anxiety disorders
- Substance abuse
- Suicidal tendency
- Impairment of immune response system
- Increased adrenocortical activity
- Panic disorders
- Increased mortality from heart disease
COMPLICATED GRIEF AND AYURVEDA
- In Ayurveda complicated grief can be called as soka unmade or manodukkaja unmada.
NIDANA- AYURVEDIC CAUSES OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
- Prohibited, spoiled or unclean food
- Certain poisons
- Trying to do the impossible deeds
- Excessive, grief and sorrow
- Excessive vitiation of doshas
- Loss of such things as wealth or property friends
PURVAROOPAM- AYURVEDIC PREMONITORY SYMPTOMS OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
- Intense sadness may be found as an initial symptom.
SAMPRAPTI – AYURVEDIC PATHOGENESIS OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
The vitiated doshas first affect buddi and smrti which are located in the heart, and then travels to manas through the srota-which may be viewed as a functional circulatory or nervous system, leading to irritability in the manas (mind).
LAKSHANA- AYURVEDIC SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
AYURVEDIC PROGNOSIS OF COMPLICATED GRIEF
- Symptoms are manageable with proper Ayurvedic treatments
CHIKITSA- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR COMPLICATED GRIEF
AYURVEDIC SAMANA TREATMENT FOR COMPLICATED GRIEF
- Brahmi swarasa – juice of Bacopa monnieri
- Shankpushpi churna
AYURVEDIC LOCAL TREATMENT FOR COMPLICATED GRIEF
- Murdha taila – oil application on the head
- Abhyanga – oil massage on the body
COMMONLY USED AYURVEDIC MEDICINES FOR COMPLICATED GRIEF
HOME REMEDIES FOR COMPLICATED GRIEF
- Enhance communications with family members
- Always engaged in activities
DIET AND BEHAVIOUR FOR COMPLICATED GRIEF
- Avoid food items that produce dosha imbalance like cold and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible nutritious food items, cow’s milk, and ghee.
- Oil massage on the head is advised.
- Advice regular exercise
YOGA FOR COMPLICATED GRIEF
- Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – Calms the mind
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, and the body relaxed. The patient has to close one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
- Shavasana – relaxes the body and mind
- Bhastrika pranayama
RESEARCH PAPERS ON COMPLICATED GRIEF
- Ayurvedic management of manodukkaja unmada: a case report
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nairfor COMPLICATED GRIEF here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the state committee member of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.