VASANT KUSUMAKAR RAS
Vasant kusumakar ras is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of diabetes and respiratory disorders. This tablet/powder contain mineral ingredients along with herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF VASANT KUSUMAKAR RAS
- This medicine is used in the treatment of respiratory diseases.
- It is effective in general debility.
- This medicine is also effective in infertility.
- This medicine is used as a natural rejuvenator, aphrodisiac medicine and provides immunity.
INDICATIONS OF VASANT KUSUMAKAR RAS
- Kasa – Cough
- Swasa – Breathing difficulty
- Prameha – diabetes
- Kshaya – emaciation
- Hridroga – cardiac disorders
- Amlapitta – acid regurgitation
INGREDIENTS OF VASANT KUSUMAKAR RAS
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||SWARNA BHASMA||bhasma of Gold||2 part||promotes strength and vitality|
|2||RAJATA BHASMA||bhasma of Silver||2 part||balances vata dosha, provide strength|
|3||VANGA BHASMA||bhasma of Tin||3 part||Provide body strength|
|4||NAGA BHASMA||Bhasma of lead||3 part||Antidiabetic property|
|5||LOHA BHASMA||bhasma of Iron||3 part||tonic and rejuvenator|
|6||ABHRAKA BHASMA||processed Biotite mica||4 part||Balances vata and pitta|
|7||PRAVALA BHASMA||Bhasma of Coral||4 part||Balances vata, pitta and kapha dosha|
|8||MUKTA BHASMA||Bhasma of pearl||4 part||Balances pitta|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Above mentioned drugs are taken and finely powdered. Then it grounded with the cow’s milk, juice of sugarcane, the decoction of vasa (Adathoda vasica), laksha (Laccifer lacca), udeechya (Andropogan vetiveria), kadali (Musa paradisiaca), shatapatra (Nelumbium speciosum), malati (Jasminum grandiflorum), mrigamada (Musk) and tablets are made.
- Purification of loha, swarna, vanga, naga,rajata – Heated and immersed in sesame oil, buttermilk, cow’s urine, gruel and decoction of kulatha (Dolichos biflorus) in that order for seven days in each liquid.
- Purification of Abhraka – Heating and quenching in the decoction of Triphala or cow’s milk for 7 times.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata, pitta dosha imbalance.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – indigestion
- Roga marga – This medicine can be administered in diseases affecting Abhyanthara roga marga – indigestion, respiratory diseases and madyama rogamarga – heart diseases, diabetes
DOSAGE AND USAGE
Take 125 mg – 250 mg after food twice daily or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practised in the treatment of different diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – Effective in respiratory diseases, cleans the respiratory passage
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, Lukewarm water, gruel
- Avoid exposure to the cold environment.
- Avoid sugar-containing diet in patients with diabetes.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- Taken by children, lactating women and during pregnancy only after consulting an ayurveda doctor.
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit-forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Bhaishajya ratnavali – prameha chikilsa
- Swasa kutar ras
- Kasa kutar ras
- Vyoshadi vataka for the management of respiratory diseases
- Agastya rasayan
- Diabetes – yogendra ras
- Shree dhootapapeshwar
- To study the general characteristics of abhrak bhasma: a wonder drug
- Effect of abhrak bhasma on the physiology and behaviour of drosophila melanogaster.
- Clinical effect of ras aushadhi (vasant kusumakar ras) on diabetic foot (case presentation)
- Effect of Vasant Kusumakar Ras in Diabetic Nephropathy in STZ induced NIDDM in rats