Rasraj ras is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of neuromuscular diseases. This tablet contains mineral ingredients along with herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by a physician.
BENEFITS OF RASRAJ RAS
This medicine is used in the management of neuromuscular diseases and their associated conditions.
It is popularly used in the treatment of paralysis, hemiplegia, facial palsy, lockjaw, tetanus, and other neurological disorders.
As per Ayurvedic classics, imbalance in vata dosha is the reason behind these neuromuscular diseases. Here strength of nerves and muscles lost and paralytic conditions manifested.
This tablet balances the vata dosha and helps to regain the proper functioning of nerves and muscles.
Along with these paralytic conditions, it is also beneficial to the management of hearing problems, giddiness, muscle pain, inflammatory, and degenerative joint pain.
It is used as a rejuvenator and aphrodisiac medicine.
INDICATIONS OF RASRAJ RAS
- Pakshaghata- Paralysis
- Ardita- Facial palsy
- Hanustambham- Lockjaw
- Apatantraka and Apatanam- Different stages of neurological disorders
- Dhanustambham- Tetanus
- Badhiryam- Hearing problems including deafness
- Masthaka bhrama- Giddiness, Dizziness
INGREDIENTS OF RASRAJ RAS
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH||LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||PARADA||Purified Mercury||48gm||fast relieve from symptoms|
|2||ABHRAKA SATWA||processed Biotite mica||12gm||balances vata dosha reduces pain|
|3||SWARNA BHASMA||bhasma of Gold||6gm||promotes strength and vitality|
|4||LOHA BHASMA||bhasma of Iron||3gm||tonic and rejuvenator|
|5||RAJATA BHASMA||bhasma of Silver||3gm||balances vata dosha, provide strength|
|6||VANGA BHASMA||bhasma of Tin||3gm||Provide body strength|
|7||KUMARI||Aloe vera||Aloe vera||Quantity sufficient|
|8||VAJI GANDHA||Indian ginseng||Withania somnifera||3gm||beneficiary effect on the nervous system, Aphrodisiac|
|9||LAVANGA||clove||Syzygium aromaticum||3gm||analgesic effect|
|10||JATIKOSHA||Nutmeg||Myristica fragrans||3gm||balances vata dosha, action on the central nervous system|
|11||KSHEERA KAKOLI||Lilium polphyllum||3gm||Improves immunity, provide body strength|
|12||KAKAMACHI||black nightshade||Solanum nigrum||Quantity sufficient|
Yogendra Ras popularly used herbo mineral preparation for similar indications. Which contains Parada, Swarnabhasma, Lohabhasma, Abhraka, Vanga Bhasma, Aloevera juice for trituration as similar to rasraja ras.
METHOD OF PREPARATION of Rasraj Ras
Take 48 gm of purified and processed Parada, 12gm of Abhraka Satwa, 6gm of Swarna bhasma, 3gm each of Loha Bhasma, Rajatha Bhasma, Vanga Bhasma and triturated well using Aloe vera juice. Then to it add 6gm each of finely powdered Vajigandha, Lavanga, Jatikosha, and Ksheerakakoli. Finally, the mixture is triturated with juice extract of Kakamachi and tablets are prepared.
Detoxification of Parada – Ground with the juice of Aloe vera, Triphala(Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellerica, Emblica officinalis), the root of Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) each for 7 days.
Purification of Abhraka – Heating, and quenching in a decoction of Triphala or cow’s milk for 7 times.
Purification of Swarna, Rajatha, Loha, Vanga – Heated and immersed in sesame oil, buttermilk, cow’s urine, gruel, and a decoction of Kulatha (Dolichos biflorus) in that order for seven days in each liquid.
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA of Rasraj Ras
Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of all vata predominant diseases.
Dushya- useful in diseases affecting mamsa,asthi,majja dhatu – Neuromuscular and musculoskeletal diseases
Roga marga – Useful in diseases affecting Madhyama roga marga (marma asthi sandhigata) like hemiplegia, paralysis, facial palsy.
DOSAGE AND USAGE of Rasraj Ras
250 mg (2 Gunja ) after food twice daily along with milk or water mixed with sugar or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA for Rasraj Ras
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practiced in the treatment of paralytic conditions including Hemiplegia, facial palsy, and other neuromuscular diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam –patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
Parvatasana – It is greatly beneficial in treating paralysis by strengthening the nervous system and the muscles. Parvatasana which translates to Mountain pose helps in restraining paralytic parts of the body by stretching the spinal cord, abdomen, and muscle arms.
Siddhasana – This yogic posture is said to cure Paralysis by awakening the body’s energy centers called the ‘chakras.’
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR for Rasraj Ras
- Avoid food items that produce vata dosha imbalance like cold and dry food, hard to digest. Because vata imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, cow’s milk
- Avoid heavy exercises that further aggravate degenerated conditions.
- Oil massage on body advised, which alleviates vata dosha
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS of Rasraj Ras
- This medicine should only take as per the direction of the physician.
- It is better to avoid by children, lactating women and during pregnancy
- Improper administration and overdosage leads to side effects
Frequently Asked Questions of Rasraj Ras
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
- Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
The duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of the disease. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
CLASSICAL REFERENCE of Rasraj Ras
Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Vatavyadhi chikitsa
- Rasrajeswara ras – Dhootapapeshwar
- Rasraj Ras Kalp – Jamna Pharmaceuticals
- Ekangvir Rasa
- Yogendra rasa
- Astang Herbals
- Uma Ayurvedics Pvt.Ltd
- Divya pharmacy
- Unjha Pharmacy
- UAP Virgo
- Evaluation of pharmacological and toxicological studies done on Rasaraj ras – study suggests that it should not be administered chronologically at a higher dose. http://dx.doi.org/10.18203/2319-2003.ijbcp20164090
- An Overview on Ashwagandha: A Rasayana (Rejuvenator) of Ayurveda https://dx.doi.org/10.4314%2Fajtcam.v8i5S.9
- Anti-inflammatory Activity of Myristica fragrans (Nutmeg) studied http://globalresearchonline.net/journalcontents/v44-1/11.pdf
- Article on Rasraj ras in emergency management https://wjpr.net/download/article/1567249988.pdf