Makardhwaj Vati is an Ayurvedic medicine, with herbal and mineral ingredients in tablet form. It’s a rejuvenator and according to Ayurveda, it’s a Rasayana. The tablet is indicated in chronic fatigue, lack of vigor and vitality, cardiac diseases, sexual weakness, loss of libido, premature ejaculation, convalescence after surgery, chemotherapy, etc, This medicine should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
Makardhwaj Vati Ingredients
- Makardhwaj Ras Red sulphide of mercury
- Bhimseni Karpoor Dryobalanops camphora
- Lavanga Syzigium aromaticum
- Maricha Piper nigrum
- Jatiphala Myristica fragrans
Makaradhwaja Vati dosage:(125 mg) 1 – 2 tablets once or twice a day before or after food along with Betel leaf juice, milk or honey ,or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Cardiac muscle weakness
- Geriatric weakness
- Sexual Weakness
- Improves immunity.
Effect on Tridosha – Balance Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Makaradwaj Ras Preparation
- Shuddha Swarna – Purified gold leaves – 12 g
- Shuddha Parada – Herbal purified Mercury – 96 g
- Shuddha Gandhaka – Herbal purified Sulphur – 288 g
- Karpasa – Cotton – Gossypium herbaceum – juice extract – Quantity Sufficient.
- Kumari – Aloe vera – juice – Quantity Sufficient.
First purified Mercury and gold leaves are triturated together. Then purified Sulfur is added to it, ground carefully. Later the juice extracts are added, triturated till dryness. This is further processed in Kupipakwa method.
Reference: Bhaisajya Ratnavali, Vajikarana Adhikara 237 – 246
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self-medication with this medicine is not advised as it’s proven to be dangerous.
- It is to be avoided in children and pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Overdosage may cause many side effects including gastritis.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for a limited period of time, as advised by the doctor.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
- The diet restriction should be followed as per the advice of the doctor.