Erectile dysfunction (ED), also known as impotence, is a type of sexual dysfunction in which there is an inability to develop or maintain an erection of the penis during sexual activity. More clearly, Erectile Dysfunction is the failure to develop or sustain the erection or stiffness of the male reproductive organ for a prolonged period of time.
Around 10% of men aged 40 and older and 25% of men aged 65 years and older are affected by Erectile dysfunction (ED). The rate at which individuals experience this problem has significantly increased in the past few years. The condition can be caused by a variety of elements and is not necessarily due to aging, as there are instances where young men suffer from ED.
• Medications such as antidepressants, synthetic hormones, and cancer chemotherapy medication
• Neurogenic disorders or nervous disorders
• Psychological causes: performance anxiety related to sexual performance and fear of failure, stress, and mental disorders
• Aging- more common in older men
• Kidney failure
• Diseases such as diabetes mellitus, multiple sclerosis and cardiac related diseases (these diseases affect the nervous system and blood flow).
• Lifestyle: An entry in the Well Being magazine explained that ED could be induced by lifestyle factors such as alcohol use, smoking, and high blood pressure, high levels of cholesterol and diabetes, all of which have a negative effect on blood flow to the penis. When the blood circulation is impaired, men find it difficult to have an erection and maintain it. Smoking is a key cause of erectile dysfunction. Smoking causes impotence because it promotes arterial narrowing. (Artery is the blood vessel that carries blood away from the heart to other parts of the body.)
• Removal anatomical structures are necessary to erection, damage nerves, or impair blood supply due to surgical interventions.
• Treatments for prostate cancer mostly have ED as a complication.
• Bicycling can lead to ED due to both neurological and vascular problems due to compression
• Use of pornography
Signs and symptoms:
Difficulty in having and maintaining a penile erection is the symptom / characteristic feature of ED.
It is analyzed in several ways:
• Some people would have full erection occasionally for e.g when asleep and I show that there is no physical impairment to any body parts.
• Diabetes mellitus can cause ED by causing neuropathy.
Magical natural remedies which help to cure Erectile Dysfunction permanently:
Vajikarana or Vrishya chikitsa is one of the 8 major branches of Ayurveda (Ashtanga Ayurveda). Vājīkaraṇa is practiced to promote the health and sexual life of the healthy men as well as of the sexually weak patients. Vajikarana consists of a treatment procedure that provides strength, potency, virility, sexual excitement, erection of sexual organ and pleasure in the intercourse. For better results, it is necessary to perform Śodhana (cleaning of the bowels through medically induced vomiting (Vamana) and medically induced defecation (Virechanam) before administration of the Vājīkaraṇa drugs.
Virilization includes the medicines, diet, and lifestyle, which enhance sexual vigor (like the horse) so that a person can undergo sexual indulgence repeatedly and satisfactorily or strengthen the frequency “of intercourse.
In Sanskrit, “Vaji” means Horse. ‘Vaji’ also means ‘strength.’ The methods and therapies, which enhance the strength and nourish the semen and increase sexual ability is ‘vajikarna.’
Using whole body Ayurvedic treatment has some obvious benefits in the treatment of Erectile Dysfunction; Natural and herbal preparations have no harsh side effects that can occur by using synthetic drugs like Viagra.
Ayurveda uses treated through medication composed of vajikarana herbs to treat sexual dysfunction related to erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, lack of libido and male infertility.
- Lifestyle, diet, and medicines including aphrodisiacs used in a proper way so as to enhance the energy, sexual vigor, complexion, ojas and strong reproductive power that facilitates the origin of healthy and intelligent progeny is called virilization.
How ED can be cured permanently by using Ayurveda medicines:
Vājīkaraṇa medicines are classified into 4 groups – Śukrala, ŚukraRecaka, ŚukraStambhaka, and ŚukraŚoṣaka.
- Śukrala: The drugs, which cause the qualitative and quantitative increase in the Śukra (sperm), are known as Śukrala. E.g. Aśvagandhā, Musalī, Śarkarā, Śatāvarī. These drugs are useful for spermatogenesis (absence of sperm in semen) and oligospermia.
- ŚukraRecaka: The drugs, which promote the ejaculation of semen. The Bṛhatī-fruit and women belong to this group. These are useful for conditions like aspermia. Milk, Māṣa, Bhallātaka-fruit pulp, Āmalakī-fruit, etc. are both Śukrala and ŚukraRecaka.
- ŚukraStambhaka: The drugs, which delay the ejaculation of semen and thereby increase the time of sexual intercourse are known as ŚukraStambhaka. E.g. Jātiphala.
- ŚukraŚoṣaka: The drugs that reduce the quantity of semen are known as ŚukraŚoṣaka. E.g.Harītakī
The commonly used herbal preparations drugs for Vājīkaraṇa, which help in the permanent cure of Erectile Dysfunction are as follows – The best method is to consult a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner who can prescribe the right drug depending upon the need of the patent.
Best Ayurveda Medicines to cure Erectile Dysfunction permanently:
- Ashwagandha (winter cherry) root powder 1 to 3 g with 100 to 250 ml. milk twice a day.
- Musali (Wild asparagus) root powder 1 to 3 g with 100 to 250 ml. milk twice a day
- Shatavari root powder 1 to 3 g with 100 to 250 ml. milk twice a day
- Kapikachu seed powder 1 to 3 g with 100 to 250 ml. milk twice a day
- Vidari root powder 1 to 3 g with 100 to 250 ml. milk twice a day
- Nāgabalā root powder 1 to 3 g with 100 to 250 ml. milk twice a day
- Kharjūra Palm date) – 25 to 50 g. to be taken with 100 to 250 ml. milk thrice a day.
- Bhaṅga powder (Indian hemp) leaf – 250 to 500 mg. to be taken with 4 to 6 g. honey and 100 to 250 ml. milk thrice a day.
- Jātiphala (mace nut) powder – 1 to 3 g. to be taken with 100 to 250 ml. milk twice a day Jāvitrī powder – 1 to 3 g. to be taken with 100 to 250–ml. milk twice a day.
- Lavaṅga choornam – 1 to 3 g. to be taken 100 to 250-ml. milk twice a day
- VasantaKusumākara: 60 to 120 mg. to be taken with 100 to 250-ml. milk twice a day.
- Drakshadi Kashayam: 15 ml twice daily with 60 ml of boiled water.
- Makaradhvaja Vaṭī: 1 to 2 to be taken with 100 to 250-ml. milk twice a day.
- Makaramuṣṭi Yoga: 60 to 120 mg. to be taken with honey a sugar twice a day.
- Aswagandharishta: 30 ml twice daily after food.
- Kapikachu Churna 10 gms twice daily
- Aśvagandha Ghrita: 12 to 24 g. to be taken with 100 to 250-ml. milk three times a day.
- BṛhatChāgalyādi Ghṛita: 12 to 24 g. to be taken with 100 to 250- ml. milk three times a day.
- Narasimha Rasayana: One teaspoon twice daily.
- MṛtasañjīvaniSurā: 7 to 14 ml. to be taken twice a day with an equal quantity of water after a meal.The special meat preparations and other drugs mentioned in the treatment of Dhātu-Kṣaya (decline in the levels of the 7 vital factors, which are essential for maintaining life) may also be used as Vājīkaraṇa.
- Baladi Yapan Basti : (Basti is an enema using herbal oils or decoctions used in Ayurveda.)This herbal preparation contains Bala (Sida Cordifolia), Atibala (Abutilian Indicum), Apamarga (Amaranthus Aspera), Atmagupta (Mucuna Pruriens) and Yava (Hordeum vulgare) in the form of Yavakut (curse powder). Kalka (paste) of Madanphala (Randia dumetorum), Yastimadhu(Glycyrrhiza glabra) & Pippali (Piper longum). The other ingredients are kshira Cow’s ilk, Guda (jaggery) and Tila Taila (sesame oil). Vajikarana Yoga contains Kokilaksa, Goksura, Atmagupta, Shatavari and MasaBoth Baladi Yapan Vasti and Vajikaran Yoga improve the quality and quantity of Shukra of any individual due to the combination of various drugs which are having properties like; Vŗisya, Shukrala ( sperm creating and increasing sperm count), Vajikarana, Balya ( increases the immunity and health of individual which in turn can have a positive impact on the Erectile Dysfunction), Bramhna ( nurturing ) and Rasayana.
ŚrīgopālaTaila to be applied on the penis.
Balaswagandhadi tailam for external penis massage.
Yoga poses which can help to permanently cure Erectile Dysfunction magically:
Yoga practice in general improves the cardiovascular functioning which in turn helps to increase the blood flow to the penis which plays a major role in penile erection.. Yoga also helps the body relax, which is one of the main factors that assist with gaining a proper erection.
Lay down on the floor with your arms beside your body and feet close to each other. Inhale and lift your legs and chest off the floor. Hold the position for 30 seconds initially. The duration can be increased up to 3 minutes by practice. Exhale slowly and lower your feet and chest to the starting position.
Lay down flat on your stomach. Palms should be kept the side of your face. Use hands to push your body and then raise your buttocks. Legs should be parallel to the floor Hold the position as long as you can. Then slowly bring the body back to the starting position.
Uttanpadasana, also known as the raised legs pose,
Lay flat on your back. Place your hands on either side of your body with palms facing down to the floor. Lift your legs slowly to about 45 degrees while inhaling. Hold this posture for up to 20 seconds, and then slowly relax your posture as you exhale.
Sit on the floor with legs extended straightly towards the towards the front. Your spine should in a straight-up position Bend your toes towards you. Inhale while raising both your arms over your head. Stretch up. Exhale and bend forward and try to touch the knees with your chin. You can keep the body stretched, spine still straight and navel o close to the thighs. Hold on for 2 minutes then slowly inhale and get back to the starting position.
Lie down on your stomach. Keep your legs away from each other as possible. Keep hands on the side parallel to your body. Inhale and raise the upper portion of the body slowly while holding the ankle with your stretched hands. Hold the position as long as you can and then, slowly exhale and get back to the laying position.
- Ardha Ushtrasana
Sit in Vajrasana position with your knees separated. Rise and stand upon your knee. Keep our arms at the side of your body. Twist to your right side and hold your left knee with the right hand. Then stretch your left arm out in front of your head until your hand reaches eyebrow height. Then push your hips forward while trying to keep your thighs in a vertical position. Breathe normally. Holdthe position for 30 seconds. Then return to the starting position slowly and repeat the same pose on the other side (left hand, right heel).
- Ardha Chandrasana
Stand with the spine straight. In such a way, that one-foot points forward and the other one a step back. The back foot should be turned outwards. Bend the leading leg forward and place your hand on the floor in front of you. Now rotate the raised hip and vertically align your hips.. Hold the position and then slowly get back to the starting position. Repeat on the other side.
As mentioned earlier, men of all ages can have problems with their sexual functionality. There are many pills available for boosting sexual performance or erection or maintaining an erection for longer duration like Viagra. However, those medicines come with slight or major side effects which make it hazardous to use them regularly.
Regular practice of the above-mentioned yoga poses and routine intake of the herbal preparations mentioned above can have a significant impact on ED – the result may not be instantaneous but it will be positive and the major highlight is having a proper penile erection and maintaining the erection for a prolonged time without any adverse effects.