Poly cystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a disorder affecting at least one out of every fifteen women. It is a disorder affecting women between 15 to 30 years of age. PCOS causes hormonal imbalance in women leading to menstrual irregularities, ovulation and fertility problems. If left untreated for long, it can also lead to diabetes and heart disease. The symptoms of PCOS may begin in adolescence, starting with menstrual irregularities.
Women suffering from PCOS can become insulin resistant due to the hormonal imbalance. When the body cannot use insulin well, it leads to elevated blood sugar levels. A high intake of carbohydrates and fat can lead to an increase in production of insulin. To offset this, medications that lower insulin resistance are given.
In Ayurveda, PCOS is a disorder involving the Pitta, Kapha and Vata Doshas. Depending on the symptoms, a variety of herbal treatment options along with diet and lifestyle changes are recommended for the cure of the disease. One such option is the Hyponidd formulation, produced by Charak Pharmaceuticals. It is an herbal preparation that regulates the insulin response of the pancreas and restores normal ovulation in women with PCOS.
Symptoms of PCOS
The main signs and symptoms of PCOS are related to the menstrual cycle and the increase in the levels of the male hormones called androgens. Except for the menstrual problems, other symptoms may vary with each woman. The symptoms include:
- Delay of normal menstruation
- Absence of menstruation for more than three months
- Excess hair growth on the body
- Insulin resistance
- Changes in skin pigmentation
- Weight gain
- Elevated cholesterol levels
- Small cysts in the ovaries
Hyponidd to treat insulin resistance
Hyponidd, when taken along with proper diet and exercise can aid in improving insulin sensitivity in women with insulin resistance. The duration and the dosage are usually fixed by an Ayurvedic physician and may vary depending on the severity of the symptoms. Generally 1-2 tablets twice a day, half an hour before meals are prescribed. It can be taken in conjunction with insulin therapy or other diabetes control medicine. Taking the correct dosage of Hyponidd can help to regulate the blood sugar levels and improve metabolism.
Ingredients of Hyponidd
Hyponidd contains natural ingredients whose properties are believed to be effective in treating insulin resistance. Some of the primary ingredients and their respective uses are listed in the table below:
|Karela||promotes pancreatic health|
|Kino||helps to lower the lipid and glucose levels of the body|
|Guduchi||helps rejuvenate mind and body|
|Meshashringi||helps inhibit hyperglycemia|
|Mamejavo||normalizes lipid levels|
|Amalaki||promotes hair growth, regulates sugar metabolism|
|Raja jambu||regulates blood sugar levels|
|Tarwar||helps deal with skin related problems|
|Haridra||helps in purifying the blood|
|Neem||destroys bacteria that cause Acne, regulates glucose metabolism|
Benefits of Hyponidd
The daily consumption of Hyponidd tablets can help improve the quality of life by enabling you to successfully manage your disorder. Given below are some of the benefits you can get from it.
- It regulates your blood sugar
- It improves gastrointestinal and liver health
- It improves sugar metabolism
- It regulates lipid levels
- It boosts the immune system
- It has rejuvenation properties
- It promotes ovulation and reduced levels of testosterone
Living life the good way
PCOS may be a very debilitating and bothersome condition for women. But with proper treatment, the risks can be minimized. The smallest of changes can kick start a better life. Below are some tips that will enable you to improve your quality of living as well as control your disorder.
- Resistance exercises like weight training, swimming, yoga and Pilates builds muscles and thus increases the body’s insulin sensitivity. Yogic exercises like Simhasan, Vajrasan, Shalabhasan and Sarvangasan are also helpful.
- Processed foods and foods rich in saturated and transfats should be avoided as much as possible.
- Drinking a quarter cup of aloe vera juice everyday helps to balance the hormones.
- For people who are obese, losing even five percent of your total weight can help you lower your blood sugar considerably.
- Consuming a paste made from 21 leaves each of Neem, Bail and Tulsi at breakfast time is said to be helpful in reducing insulin resistance.
With proper care and consumption of Ayurvedic medicines like Hyponidd, you can control PCOS and be well on your way to a new and healthy you.