Mahajwarankush ras is an Ayurvedic medicine used in the treatment of fever. This tablet contains mineral ingredients along with herbs. This medicine should only take as per the direction by physician.
BENEFITS OF MAHAJWARANKUSH RAS
- This medicine is used in the treatment of fever produced by vata, pitta, and kapha dosha imbalance.
- Its antipyretic action is effective in both acute and chronic fever.
- It induces sweating.
- Usually non infectious and viral fever responds with its use.
INDICATIONS OF MAHAJWARANKUSH RAS
- Jwara – Acute and chronic fever
- Intermittent fever
INGREDIENTS OF MAHAJWARANKUSH RAS
|SL NO||SANSKRIT NAME||ENGLISH/ LATIN||QUANTITY||ACTION|
|1||PARADA||Purified Mercury||1 part||Fast relief from symptoms|
|2||GANDHAKA||Purified sulphur||1 part||rejuvenator|
|3||LOHA BHASMA||Bhasma of iron||1 Part||Tonic and provide immunity|
|4||HARITALA||Purified Arsenic trisulphide||1 part||Balances kapha dosha, Effective in skin diseases|
|5||VANGA BHASMA||bhasma of Tin||1 part||Provide body strength|
|6||HINGULA||Purified Cinnabar||1 part||Fast relief from symptoms|
|7||SWARNA MAKSHIKA||Bhasma of copper pyrite||1 part||rejuvenator|
|8||KHARPARA||Purified Zinc sulphide||1 part||Balances kapha and pitta|
|9||MANASILA||Purified Arsenic disulphide||1 part||Balances kapha and vata|
|10||ABHRAKA||Bhasma of biotite mica||1 part||balances vata dosha, reduces pain|
|11||GAIRIKA||Red ochre||1 part||Haematogenic action|
|12||JAYAPALA||Croton tiglium||1 part||Laxative|
|13||TANKANA||borax||1 part||Action on respiratory system|
|14||TAMRA||Bhasma of copper||1 part||Alleviates kapha dosha|
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Purified mercury and sulphur triturated first to prepare a black coloured mixture known as kajjali. Kajjali grounded with rest of the drugs and juice of nimbu (lemon), Tulasi( Oscimum sanctum), chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica), vijaya (Cannabis sativa), chincha (Tamarindus indica)for 3 days and tablets are made.
- Purification of tankana – by heating water losses and become powder form
- Detoxification of Parada – Ground with juice of Aloevera, Triphala(Terminalia chebula,Terminalia bellerica,Emblica officinalis),root of chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) each for 7 days.
- Detoxification of Gandhaka – fried in ghee and dipped in cow’s milk repeated for 7 times.
- Purification of loha, vanga,tamra – Heated and immersed in sesame oil,buttermilk, cow’s urine,gruel and decoction of kulatha (Dolichos biflorus) in that order for seven days in each liquid.
- Purification of swarna makshika – boiling in decoction of triphala (Terminalia chebula,Terminalia bellerica,Emblica officinalis).
- Purification of jayapala – The dehusked seeds of croton tiglium boiled in milk and washed with hot water.
- Purification of gairika – grounded with milk
- Purification of hingula – powdered hingula grounded with juice of ardraka (Zingiber officinale)
- Detoxification of Haritala – The roughly powdered haritala boiling in the juice of kushmanda (ash gourd- Benincasa hispida) for 3hrs.
- Purification of Manasila – grounded with the juice of agasthya leaf (Sesbania grandiflora)
- Purification of Abhraka – Heating and quenching in decoction of Triphala or cow’s milk for 7 times.
- Purification of kharpara – by using takra ( buttermilk)
DOSHA- DUSHYA PREDOMINANCE AND ROGA MARGA
- Dosha – This medicine is recommended for the treatment of vata ,pitta, kapha predominant diseases.
- Dushya- useful in diseases affecting rasa dhatu – fever, indigestion
- Roga marga – Useful in diseases affecting abhyanthara roga marga like diseases affecting digestive system.
DOSAGE AND USAGE
125 mg after food once or twice daily along with honey or Luke warm water or as directed by an Ayurvedic doctor.
EXERCISES AND YOGA
Yoga and Pranayama are a set of breathing and stretching exercises respectively, widely practiced in the treatment of many diseases.
Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – for getting calmness to the mind provide overall health
Patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. Patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
RECOMMENDED DIET AND BEHAVIOUR
- Avoid food items which produce dosha imbalance like cold, more acrid, sour and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items , Luke warm water, gruel
- Avoid exposure to cold environment.
SIDE EFFECTS AND CONTRA INDICATIONS
- This medicine should only take as per the direction by the physician.
- It is better to avoid by children, lactating women and during pregnancy
- Improper administration and over dosage leads to side effects
- Can this medicine be used while taking Allopathic medicines?
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this medicine along with Allopathic medicines.
- How long the medicine can be used?
Duration of medicinal administration is based on your stage of disease. Before taking medicine consult an Ayurvedic physician.
- Is this medicine habit forming?
This medicine is not habit forming. After using for a prescribed period gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it.
- Basavarajiyam – jwara chikilsa
- Rasajalanidhi in another name – Mahajwaranthaka rasa
- Hinguleswara rasa
- Vettumaran gulika
- Surya prabha gulika
- Jai mangala ras
1. Analytical study on shodhana of jayapala
2. Pharmaceutical study of jayapala seed (croton tiglium linn)
3. A clinical study on tankana bhasma pratisarana in chronic tonsillitis
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the Secretary of the Kerala State Committee of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.