Chronic hives are skin rashes caused by a reaction to a certain food, medicine, chemicals or other irritants. It is also known as urticaria.
- SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CHRONIC HIVES
- CAUSES OF CHRONIC HIVES
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CHRONIC HIVES
- DIAGNOSIS OF CHRONIC HIVES
- TREATMENTS FOR CHRONIC HIVES
- PROGNOSIS OF CHRONIC HIVES
- COMPLICATIONS OF CHRONIC HIVES
- CHRONIC HIVES AND AYURVEDA
- NIDANA- AYURVEDIC CAUSES OF CHRONIC HIVES
- PURVAROOPAM- AYURVEDIC PREMONITORY SYMPTOMS OF CHRONIC HIVES
- SAMPRAPTI – AYURVEDIC PATHOGENESIS OF CHRONIC HIVES
- LAKSHANA- AYURVEDIC SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CHRONIC HIVES
- AYURVEDIC PROGNOSIS OF CHRONIC HIVES
- CHIKITSA- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR CHRONIC HIVES
- AYURVEDIC SAMANA TREATMENT FOR CHRONIC HIVES
- COMMONLY USED AYURVEDIC MEDICINES FOR CHRONIC HIVES
- HOME REMEDIES FOR CHRONIC HIVES
- DIET AND BEHAVIOUR FOR CHRONIC HIVES
- YOGA FOR CHRONIC HIVES
- RESEARCH PAPERS OF AYURVEDIC MANAGEMENT OF CHRONIC HIVES
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CHRONIC HIVES
- Swelling (wheals)
- Most commonly occur in extremities and face
CAUSES OF CHRONIC HIVES
- Allergy to certain food items like egg, shellfish, wheat products, peanut
- Certain medications
- Exposure to sunlight
- Insect bite
- Increased body temperature
PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF CHRONIC HIVES
In chronic hives, high levels of histamine and other chemical messengers are released in the skin when expose to the causative factors. These substances cause the blood vessels in the affected area of skin to open up and become leaky leading to redness and swelling.
DIAGNOSIS OF CHRONIC HIVES
· Proper history taking
· Physical examinations
· ESR count
· Liver function test
· Thyroid function test
· Other blood investigations to find out underlying pathology
TREATMENTS OF CHRONIC HIVES
· Anti-inflammatory drugs
· Anti-itch medications
PROGNOSIS OF CHRONIC HIVES
Hives are typically self-limited and resolves with proper avoidance of triggers.
COMPLICATIONS OF CHRONIC HIVES
- Affects the person’s quality of life
CHRONIC HIVES AND AYURVEDA
- In Ayurveda, the treatment of chronic hives is based on ‘Udarda chikilsa’.
NIDANA- AYURVEDIC CAUSES OF CHRONIC HIVES
- Virudhahara – unwholesome diet
- Excess vitiation of dosha
- Suppression of natural urges
- Defect in digestion – Agni mandyam
PURVAROOPAM- AYURVEDIC PREMONITORY SYMPTOMS OF CHRONIC HIVES
- Skin rashes
SAMPRAPTI – AYURVEDIC PATHOGENESIS OF CHRONIC HIVES
Due to the causative factors, doshas become vitiated with the predominance of kapha dosha, reside in the skin and finally udarda is manifested.
LAKSHANA – AYURVEDIC SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF CHRONIC HIVES
- Skin itching – kandu
- Swelling – sopha
- Redness – raga
AYURVEDIC PROGNOSIS OF CHRONIC HIVES
- Symptoms are manageable with proper ayurvedic management
CHIKITSA- AYURVEDIC TREATMENT FOR CHRONIC HIVES
AYURVEDIC SAMANA TREATMENT FOR CHRONIC HIVES
COMMONLY USED AYURVEDIC MEDICINES TREATMENT FOR CHRONIC HIVES
Ayurvedic medicines for internal administration for chronic hives
- Patolakaturohinyadi kashaya
- Nimbamrita asavam
- Tribhuvana keerthi rasa
HOME REMEDIES FOR CHRONIC HIVES
- Cold application
- Bath with anti-itch solutions
DIET AND BEHAVIOUR FOR CHRONIC HIVES
- Avoid food items that produce dosha imbalance like cold and dry food, hard to digest. Because dosha imbalance aggravates the symptoms.
- Consume easily digestible food items, gruels.
- Avoid irritants
- Avoid wheat products, shellfish etc
YOGA FOR CHRONIC HIVES
- Nadi Shuddi Pranayam – calms the mind and is effective in stress-induced chronic hives
The patient needs to be seated in a meditative posture with the head and spine erect, with the body relaxed. The patient has to close his one nostril (e.g. left nostril if using the right hand and vice versa) with the thumb and exhale completely through the other nostril. Again, he will have to breathe in deeply through the other nostril while the opposite nostril is still closed with the thumb.
- The practices of shatkriya or yogic cleansing techniques purify the body
RESEARCH PAPERS OF AYURVEDIC MANAGEMENT OF CHRONIC HIVES
1. Ayurvedic management of chronic idiopathic urticaria- A case report
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, United States. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your GP before the intake.
Please consult Dr. Rajesh Nair here-
Dr. Rajesh Nair, the co-founder and chief consultant of Ayurvedaforall.Com, is a graduate of prestigious Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College (affiliated with the University of Calicut), Kerala, India. Additionally, he holds a Postgraduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy from Annamalai University.
Dr. Nair offers consultation at two busy clinics in and around Haripad, Alleppey, Kerala, the southern state famous worldwide for authentic ayurvedic treatment and physicians. While offering consultation on all aspects of ayurvedic treatments Dr. Nair has a special interest in Panchkarma, Yoga, and Massage.
Through Ayurvedaforall, Dr. Nair offers online consultation to patients worldwide and has served hundreds of patients over the last 20 years. In addition to his Ayurvedic practice, he is the chief editor of ayurveda-amai.org, the online portal of Ayurveda Medical Association of India, and the state committee member of Ayurveda Medical Association of India.
Dr. Nair is a regular speaker at Ayurveda-related conferences and has visited Germany to propagate Ayurveda. You can write directly to email@example.com
Whatsapp – +91 9446918019, +91 8075810816
To give you a quick idea about Ayurvedaforall, we are a group of ayurvedic practitioners committed to propagating Ayurveda in its best tradition around the world. Our online store sells authentic ayurvedic formulations backed by professional advice. Now into the seventeenth year of operation, the site has helped us build a dedicated clientele which regularly uses our products and services as well as refers others to us. Needless to say, this has been achieved through our adherence to the highest standards of customer service and professional ethics.